Compact English Communication Skills Training
At the end of the two-day training the participants will:
Have acquired an overview of English as Second Language (ESL) learning, mainly oral communication.
Have improved their skills in speaking and listening; sentence construction through activities; different parts of speech; and English vocabulary.
Have acquired an overview of the writing process—topic selection, defining audience and purpose, planning (outlining) and revising.
Have improved their skills in common forms of English writing – e.g. business letter, cover letter, memo, resume, and report.
Interactive oral and written exercises
Critiques of exercises
One day devoted to EFL (English as a Second Language), mainly oral communication skills) training
One day devoted to written communication skills training
Minimum number of participants expected: 25 and maximum: 50. Participants will have both oral and written communication skills training.
Outline of Training Activities
A. ESL Learning Training
1. Brief power point presentation: ESL Learning Vs. English Grammar Language Learning
2. Interactive learning in ESL – Trainer presentation followed by interactive learning with students
B. Writing Communication Training
1. Brief power point presentation: Overview of the importance and the role of the English language in the world today.
2. “Collaborative Writing “ activity
3. Brief power point presentation: Overview of the writing process
4. Exercises in writing
5. Group critiques of writing exercises
Laguna, Los Baños, Your Business Site
Connective Language Training Center